Sometimes you stumble upon recipes that you just can’t ignore and this is one of those!
I have always liked lemon and maybe that was why I couldn’t help but share this with you…
These ”brownies” have a bright, tart, and fresh lemon flavor. Also, they’re topped with a delicious lemon glaze, they are just the right mix of fresh lemon and sweetness.
It’s a perfect dessert in any season, but particularly refreshing in spring or summer!
How to make Lemon Brownies
First of all, this recipe is going to look a lot like your usual brownie recipe. But of course it does not contain cocoa or chocolate chips.
All you have to do is to mix together the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately. Before combining making sure to add one egg at a time.
Ingredients lemon brownie
1 C unsalted butter softened
1 1/2 C sugar
2 tbsp lemon zest
4 large eggs
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 C powdered sugar
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
4 tbsp lemon zest
1. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Using a large bowl, whisk together the flour with the baking powder.
3. Get your standing mixer and beat together the butter, sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time until combined.
5. Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until combined.
6. Pour batter into the baking pan and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Make sure to not over bake.
7. Allow to completely cool on the counter.
8. Using a large mixing bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest until combined.
9. Pour the glaze over the lemon bars and spread evenly.
10. Allow to harden overnight before enjoying.
I am crazy for chocolate, but I do also love finding new ways to bake – without that classic ingredient.
It’s fun to spice it up and try something new!
You’re going to adore this brownie recipe and all your friends will be begging for the recipe – so please share it on Facebook!